About Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI Features
- Q&A Question Box : Allows you to ask questions about your data and receive feedback from other users.
- Custom Visualization : Lets you create custom visuals based on analyses and insights.
- Import Excel Data : Accepts your existing spreadsheet data for further analysis and visual presentation.
- Power BI Desktop : A free-to-download interactive tool that builds exceptional data reports.
- Visualization : Display different types of charts and graphs, which allows for identifying patterns and insights.
- Dashboards : Lets you quickly view all the relevant business-related information in one place.
- Verified User
We use Power BI to support multiple areas within our organization. We have created personnel dashboards for our HR team and recruiting teams. We have financial dashboards for our Finance and AR teams. We have analytics dashboards for our operations teams. It solves so many issues and is so user friendly. The main area of improvement has been getting consistent data into the hands of our employees company wide rather than relying on spreadsheets that business units would keep internally.
Microsoft Power BI has been an amazing service for our organization. The ability for any of our users to see a single dashboard at any time, even from mobile devices, is head and shoulders above where we were before. Now we can send consistent analytics and reporting out throughout our business units, from executives all the way down to our field personnel.
The ability to provide consistent and standard reporting The ability to incorporate multiple data sources into a single source. The analytics within Power BI are incredibly powerful
More options for external sharing of dashboards would be great. Steep learning curve depending on your background.
- Scott HerringDatabase Support Specialist
I have worked with Crystal Reports, and while Power BI has many strengths over Crystal, Crystal is still the gold standard and my fall back application when I need certain functionality in our environment. This may be a temporary issue as Microsoft has shown committment to rapidly developing the feature set of this product on a monthly basis.
Quick visual representation of datasets is the strong point here when working with reasonable sized files. Large dataset files are problematic in quickly giving that representation due to application limitations. Internal operations being guided by the dashboards is a well suited scenario, but as is the case when working in a collaborative environment, external users will lack your functionality that you have internally.
Ease of constructing graphs. Always updated visuals being offered. Variety of data sources to be able to pull data.
Does not allow for parameters to be passed to the system as part of a user interaction. Cannot share data to our shareholders that are outside of our domain. Is not yet a complete solution. Still using other reporting tools in addition.