- Automated Contact Management : Allows businesses to track and manage all their contact information in one place.
- Lead Scoring : This allows businesses to score leads based on demographics, interests, behaviors, etc.
- AB Testing : Allows businesses to test different messages and offers to see which ones are most successful.
- Lead Management : Keep track of your contact information, contact forms submitted, and conversion rates.
- ROI Tracking : Measure the financial impact of your marketing efforts and find out where your money is being spent the most.
- Subscription Management : Allows you to manage your subscription cycles and cancellations in a more organized way.
- Laura O.Director, Business Operations & Development
Best bang for your buck! With ActiveCampaign's mid-level plan, you get all the email automation tools of the "big players" without having to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars every month. ActiveCampaign is an awesome email marketing & automation tool, though it leaves something to be desired if you're also looking for a CRM. It has the essential elements to get you started, but if you need something more robust, you may look at integrating ActiveCampaign into your overall tech stack instead of a standalone system or all-in-one tool. When your potential customers are interested in your offering, you MUST have an autoresponder set up so they know you're on top of your game. Building that trust from the beginning is essential to creating a strong relationship with your future customers, and ActiveCampaign's autoresponder (and other drip campaign features) will help you nail that.
- Melissa C.Director
The reason for 3/5 is because all the features it offers, you can get with any other provider. The big difference is that this platform is SLOW. Think dial-up slow. You make a change and the page load for 10-15 seconds before it performs the function. I have High-Speed Fibre Internet (download speed of 3 Gbps), full bars, other apps running fine and Active Campaign struggles to run. This is a known issue (search AC slow? on Reddit). Again, do your research and proceed with caution!Although you might be saving some time automating workflows, you will burn time literally sitting there and watching the platform attempt to perform the task. I've used other platforms (Mailchimp) that never had this problem, so I'd just take its slow speed into serious consideration before moving forward.
It's easy to useIntuitive Customer service is responsive
It is very very very slow (not worth the $) IMO, lot's of other options that perform tasks faster Customer service is lazy (they are responsive, but just copy and paste responses)