- Associative Data Modeling : Allows users to write SQL Select Query to understand their data better.
- Data Compression : Compress data to 10% of its original size.
- QXL Engine : Provides in-memory data analysis, data management, distribution, data access, consolidation, etc.
- Collaboration : You can share reports of data visualization via an enterprise server, or the cloud.
- Reporting : Offers top-notch templates that can be shared in any format, including MS office documents.
- Data Discovery : Allows users to connect with a variety of databases using custom connectors.
- Tami S.Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
QlikView is a flexible and Robust tool. We can combine data in ways that are more difficult for other software. It is to create impact insights for our business. The volume of available data can be cumbersome and overwhelming for end user. Users can create their reports which is a benefit when done right but a detriment when incorrect. Our company has a dual license and doing all of our new development in Qlik Sense. Great Self-serve analytic tool. We have been able to gain faster insights and views of data than would have otherwise. All of our departments use. We can find solutions more efficiently.
- Verified User
Be aware of the licensing model - it can quickly become expensive/ cumbersome if deploying to a large group of casual users.
Handles complex data sources and compound visualizations well. Very helpful to have built-in ETL capabilities to support combining data from various sources that may not be totally consistent (different account code formats can be transformed as part of the data load). Associative data modeling helps to guide the user through the data. Irrelevant parameters are greyed out, meaning no "dead ends" for users in the data navigation.
Distributing reports/dashboards regularly is not so elegant. Don't have fine granular control over some visual elements, e.g. font size in a dashboard with multiple charts combined together.