- Desktop Application : Perfect for those who want complete control over their meetings, from beginning to end.
- Recording : Easily record and share your sessions with colleagues or clients, and access previous recordings.
- Mobile : Mobile compatibility allows you to view your meetings from any device.
- Microsoft Outlook Integration : Integrates into every part of Microsoft Stack, making it easy to access all of your data and files.
- Activity Dashboard : Allows you to track participants' responses, views, connections made, and more.
- On-Demand Webcasting : Gives you the ability to broadcast live or recorded webinars directly from within StarLeaf.
- Verified User in Computer SoftwareSmall-Business(50 or fewer emp.)
The platform is simple and easy to use while maintaining high call quality. It would be helpful to be able to message existing contacts who are outside of my organisation. This would enable a quick message such as 'Have you got time for a quick call now?' and a response such as 'Bit busy at the moment, how about in half an hour?' It's keeping me connected to clients who I would normally have visited. Hello! Thank you for your great review. I have passed on your feedback about chat with contacts from other organizations to our team for consideration.
- Verified User in Information Technology and ServicesEnterprise(> 1000 emp.)
I think the only feature of Starleaf that is unique or provides value is being able to directly call my colleagues or a meeting room that is on our network. My company recently transitioned all of our video conferencing to Starleaf, and there have been more bumps and negative outcomes compared to positive experiences. For starters, in any given week, it feels like at least 70% of the calls have some sort of technical issue (dropped calls, sound delay). The functionality to share your screen is also very clunky and doesn't work consistently from user to user (especially when trying to share your screen over the web app - many users encounter delays and screen freezing). However, I think the biggest issue is that this software is extremely unfriendly to use with people outside of our company. We have run into several issues with outside partners being able to access presentations or screensharing during meetings and have not been able to find a good solution for this yet. We are using Starleaf as a solution to cross-office virtual meetings across 13 global offices. The only benefit we have realized is having one software that is used company-wide.