About Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Features
- Budget Management : Allow you to allocate funds wisely and track spending across multiple categories.
- File-Sharing : Makes it easy for co-workers to access project files without ever leaving their own desks.
- Project Management : Helps keep all aspects of the project organized and coordinated, from beginning to end.
- Task Management : Manage your tasks by dividing them into specific categories or by priority level.
- Resource Management : Provides accurate estimates for resources required for a task or project.
- Reporting/Project Tracking : Provides comprehensive information on daily activity reports, status updates, etc.
- Verified User
I haven't evaluated any other tools for solving Project/Time/schedule management. But according to my research, and colleagues/ friends who have used different tools. Microsoft Project is the best tool in the industry.
If you are looking for a tool to help with project planning and you are familiar with Microsoft products, then this MS Project tool is the right fit for you. You could create a .pdf file if you would like to share it with the colleagues who don't have Project installed in their PC. The downside is that he/she can't modify without the tool installed.
Ease of Use Advanced Options
Could be made faster Could included in office 365 package
- Verified User in Civil EngineeringMid-Market(51-1000 emp.)
Im not fond of any of it really but thats probably because we never could figure out how to make it efficient in my company Difficult to use. My company tried to implement this program for engineering project management. We never got it off the ground due to difficulties with learning the program Do not implement in the middle of a project or with a project kicking off in the nearby future. Its difficult to learn and implement unless you can dedicate all of your time to it Did not have any benefits for our purpose