- Task Scheduling : Create custom plans, assign tasks to team members, set deadlines and alerts, and track progress.
- Resource Management : Assign resources to projects and track their usage throughout the duration of the project.
- Project Planning : Outline goals, risks/rewards assessment, timeline considerations, etc., in an easily-accessed format.
- Email Management : Send notifications related to task completion, updates in progress, or changes in schedule.
- Calendar Management : Organize your appointments by date or time period as well as add notes for each meeting.
- Budgeting Management : Helps identify budget overruns early on so that necessary adjustments can be made in advance.
- Kira Kaltschmidt , PMPLead Program Manager
I have used both Daptiv and Project Insight within companies of 60-200 users. These definitely have their use a place in a organization that is prepared to adopt one system and commit to requiring all team members use it to collaborate with. Smartsheet has been a great tool for an environment where that is not possible but you still need to get a project plan created to keep the team on track.
Perfect for a Project Manager or teams of Project Managers who need to be flexible and adapt to other client and internal team process and systems. Not appropriate if you are looking for a true PPM system that tracks more than just individual plans.
Easy to share with non-Smartsheet users for visibility and collaboration Just the right level of complexity. Anyone who has put together a project plan before can do this. Multiple ways of planning and displaying your project. Also easy to export to a pdf for historical or formal reasons.
There may be a few features that would be nice to have a shortcut button for, like indenting / outdenting
- Renato W.Brand Strategy
I liked that several people could log in at the same time and see what each other is working on in real-time. I also liked how customizable everything was. I did not like that it was just based on timelines and spreadsheets. There were no functionalities to actually help accomplish the tasks that were assigned. Use this as a timeline and project planning tool in conjunction with other tools. It will be do everything We were solving the issue of having project managers in several different locations and being able to log in and see what each other is doing in real-time. We were able to get very specific and detailed with our timelines and tasks that needed to be accomplished.