About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems Features
- Interview Scheduling : Allows you to easily schedule interviews with potential candidates.
- Goal Management : Helps managers set attainable targets and track progress to ensure that goals are met.
- Recruitment Management : Find the best candidates and manage recruitment processes to ensure a successful hire.
- Task Management : Can help you to manage your daily tasks, deadlines, due dates, etc more efficiently.
- Training Management : Provides a variety of training modules to upskill your employees or refresh knowledge.
- Employee Management : Includes tracking employee attendance, tracking employee performance, and managing payroll.
- Verified User
Maestro is a little dated looking. Younger users are looking for something up-to-date, interactive, fun, and easy to use and Maestro has a ways to go with this.
It works well for just uploading SCORM compliant courses. We don't use it for managing ILT courses as it was complicated when we last tried it. We also do not sell courses, but I don't think that it's capable of doing that.
Assign complete learning plans to users so they don't have to spend time searching for courses. Export learner's transcripts so managers can easily see their employee's progress. Embed Social Media feeds that are relevant to their business.
I don't think we can build courses using Maestro. We rely strictly on third party software for course development. Creating custom reports can be challenging. Since we have to manage our total number of monthly active users, many of our manager's accounts go inactive. Once they're inactive, they stop receiving any notifications from their employee's course completions. The user interface is dated looking. Many of the newer LMSs have more of a Windows 8 look and feel, which is what newer users are wanting.
- Verified User
SumTotal does not stack up to any of the above HCM software.
I personally, am not a fan of SumTotal. I have worked on several different HRIS and Payroll systems which outweigh all aspects of SumTotal (Lawson Interface Desktop, Ceridian Dayforce, ADP Enterprise, and Ultimate Software's UltiPro). As antiquated as Lawson felt, it had more functionality than SumTotal. Of course, all others I worked on were for the most part cloud based and had modern functionality to go with it.
Calculates pay and taxes
Reporting Mass importing of manual checks to be issued in California Ability to fund pay cards immediately Perform gross-up calculations within the payroll system automatically