- Application Management : Helps employers to manage the entire application process from start to finish.
- Candidate Management : Helps screen and interview applicants, track hiring progress, and manage job offers.
- Sick Leave Tracking : Keep track of employee absences and track sick leave usage for compliance purposes.
- Time Off Requests : Manage employee requests for time off, including tracking requests and approvals.
- Payroll Management : Keep track of employee pay and expenses, plus manage payroll taxes and deductions.
- Recruitment Management : Helps HR departments manage the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Verified User in Oil & EnergyMid-Market(51-1000 emp.)
Workday helps to have all info regarding the employee current status taking from the compensation, contact details update or having yearly touch points with your manager. No such dislike, but the only feedback is that the workday can improve on some interface while we submit or update some info in the portal, since sometimes it's very confusing. Workday helps to update our personal contact details in case of any change. It also helps to have a feedback from the peers or superiors which can help on self evaluation as well.
- Verified User
The system we currently use and implement is Oracle Cloud HCM and it is possibly the most well-suited competitor to Workday HCM. Oracle Fusion HCM is not as mature a product as Workday but it's slowly getting there. Also, it might be a better solution for you if you are not too big as an organisation.
If you are relatively large organisation with a lot of departments, employees, job families and a lot more things under one company, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) could be a good choice for you. Not to mention, if you are operating out of multiple countries like we used to, some of the Workday features can be life saving. However, if you are a smaller company or/and do not need much self service for employees and managers, it might not be the best suited solution for you.
A lot of our HR staff needed to access the system on the move and since it is on the cloud, we can access it from anywhere. It increased the mobility of staff. Straight forward no-nonsense system that is intuitive enough for your non-tech savvy employees to grasp. Business Intelligence and reporting is pretty good. Not only does it offer a lot of detailed analysis but it also allows you to configure dashboards which are great for executive and managers to quickly check the status of subject areas.
While the system is quite easy to use as an end user of most modules, even the most basic configuration and change would need expert help as there is very little documentation available to help you. The dependency on the implementation consultant is too much. New updates in system are not always thoroughly tested and it has at times broken our system. Although the fix provided was fast, it is advised to not directly jump when they provide the updates. If recruiting and onboarding is crucial to your organisation, it's better to look at an Oracle HCM implementation as there are a lot of integration issues with Workday Recruiting.